Whether you are using a smartphone to short your photos, or using a professional camera in your studio to capture the most beautiful shot, you need to edit your photos. With camera technology speeding ahead, photo editors are improving and keeping up.
The online photo editors are designed to make your photo look great, improve the overall quality of the capture, and offer you a lot of features on the go. But we always want photo editing software that offers us flexibility while also being easy to use. And this is exactly where Pixlr Editor comes into play.
Table of Contents
What is Pixlr Editor?
Pixlr Editor is the leading photo editor both beginners and professionals use to make and share their creative work. This online photo editor allows you to edit your photos on the go, and transform the files directly on your internet browser.
The online photo editor also offers iOS and android application solutions. Completing your daily graphical tasks without depending on your computer has never been easier. Beginner photographers, Content creators, artists, and even professionals can use this app on the go.
Key Features of Pixlr Editor
Pixlr editor is popular due to its feature-packed design and ease of use. Here are some of the key feature of Pixlr Editor that makes it stand out from the rest of the online photo editor.
- Color replacement
- Magic wand
- Photo collage
- Background removal
- Massive selection of templates
And so much more.
One of the great features of Pixlr Editor is its similar interface to photoshop. If you are acquainted with the popular software photoshop to do your daily graphic tasks on the computer, the Pixlr Editor will look exactly the same to you.
Upload from URL
You get to upload your photos from the device and start working on the project. The pro version also allows you to use a photo from any URL and start the project from scratch. The ability to directly import images from a web address saves you a lot of time in the long run.
Unlike other photo editors on the market, you do not need a high-configuration computer to handle all your photo editing needs. With Pixlr Editor, all you need is a flash Plugin on your browser, and you are good to go.
In case you are coming from an iOS or Android perspective, the dedicated Pixlr Editor for these platforms is also lightweight and runs all almost all devices.
As one of the best lightweight photo editors on the market, Pixlr Editor is also known for its quick-fix features. There are many quick-fix tools that you can use to make that small and minor adjustments. No need to dive into your computer and use demanding software to make those slight adjustments.
The quick fix feature allows you to easily elevate your average picture to a professional level.
Pixlr basically comes in two versions: Pixlr E(Editor) and Pixlr X(Express)
The Pixlr editor comes in two different versions to better resonate with the needs of the user. So let us dive right in and find out what these versions are all about.
Pixlr X (Express)
Pixlr X is an easy-to-use photo editing solution that allows you to make your images look creative and sophisticated with ease. This online photo editor version offers you a hassle-free image editing experience without having to learn the complexities.
Here are some of the things you should know about the Pixlr X.
- Easy resize, crop, flip and rotate feature.
- The auto-fix option automatically adjusts the color, light, contrast, tone, and hue of the image.
- Creative and fun effects and filters elevate your photos to the theme you like.
- Easy to learn and use.
- Ability to preview image changes before applying them permanently. You can also undo the edits according to your liking.
So basically, Pixlr X is a simple and effective solution for beginners who do not want to face a learning curve with complex tools.
Pixlr E (Editor)
Pixlr E on the other hand is a sophisticated and professional-level image editing solution that is used by content creators and professionals. If you want to edit your photos to the highest level and learn the principles of design, then Pixlr E is the version for you.
Just like Pixlr X, the Pixlr E is also available on a web browser. Here are some of the things you should know about the Pixlr E.
- More sophisticated and advanced tools than the Pixlr X.
- Just requires an internet connection and web browser to use on the go.
- Special added features to bring your pictures to life.
- Amazing tools like Layers, Lasso, Cloning, brush, and much more.
- Liquify tool to add an extra sense of depth and distortion to your images.
- The ability to use stock images from the Pixlr E to use for edits.
Pixlr Plan & Pricing
Pixlr Editor is free-to-use online image editing software that offers you plenty of tools to work with. But in case you want to utilize it to its maximum potential, you can also purchase their yearly subscription.
Listed below are the Pixlr Editor subscription plans and things they have to offer. You can also try Pixlr Premium for 30 days with no obligation and no installation.
The free plan offers you access to,
- Both the Pixlr e and Pixlr x versions.
- Has ads.
- A limited set of overlays and stickers.
- All the basic tools for editing.
You can save up to 38% on the premium plan starting at USD 4.90 per month for the yearly subscription. And with the premium plan, you will get to enjoy,
- 18,00 assets to work with.
- 5,000 decorative texts.
- Supports a maximum of 8196 x 8196 image resolution.
- 3,000 extra overlays.
- 7,000 extra icons/stickers.
- No ads.
And much more.
With the creative pack, you can save up to 50% with only USD 14.99 per month on the annual plan. Along with all the extra features from the premium plan, you will also get,
- Unlimited Access to Stock Content -10 million Graphics, Templates, Fonts, Photos, Video & 3D files.
- 28,000 extra overlays.
- Legal guarantee of $25,000.
- Tutorial videos.
- 24/7 dedicated support.
How to edit a photo using Pixlr Editor?
To get started with the Pixlr Editor,
Step 1: Go to Pixlr.com
Step 2: Now click on open the Pixlr editor shown in the middle of the webpage.
Step 3: Now you will get some options to upload the image you want to edit.
You can choose to,
- Create a new image.
- Open Image from Computer.
- Open Image from the Library.
- Open Image from an URL.
Step 4: Once the image is uploaded, you will find different options to choose from in the menu bar.
- There are options for you to crop, flip, rotate or resize the photo on the image menu.
- In the layer menu, you can manage different layers of the project.
- The adjustment menu will let you adjust the color balance, levels, exposure, and other parts of the image.
- In the filter menu, you can choose different lighting filters to enhance your image.
Step 5: On the left side of the window, you will find the toolbar. You can simply hover your mouse on top of the toolbar to find out what that tool does.
Step 6: Once you are done with the edits, you can simply go to the File menu and save and download the edited image.
PROS and CONS
Pros of Pixlr Editor
- High-quality image editing on virtually any device.
- Easy to understand and user-friendly UI.
- A massive number of tools and templates to use.
- Cost-effective image editing solution.
- Directly post from the Pixlr Editor.
Cons of Pixlr Editor
- Needs more resources to showcase the basics of the software, although it is easy to learn.
- Supports only JPED file format.
If you are looking for the best web-based image editing solution for any device, then Pixlr editor is the way to go. From the massive collection of templates and features, Pixlr will enhance your images to a professional level. So, try it out today.